Firewood Production and Supply Training Course - February 2017
STILL PLACES AVAILABLE!
DATE: WEDNESDAY 8 FEBRUARY 2017
VENUE: MONUMENT PARK, CHALGROVE, OXFORDSHIRE
This one day practical training course is aimed at both existing and fledgling firewood businesses. It focuses on best practice for firewood production and supply and covers the following key topics:
- Units and conversion factors - converting by weight, volume and energy content
- Economics - pricing and understanding customer requirements and usage
- Production and supply techniques - best practice
- Quality assurance and meeting RHI sustainability requirements - introducing standards, quality assurance schemes and compliance with the RHI sustainability requirements and registration on the Biomass Suppliers List (BSL).
A full course outline is available here.
Course Fee: £150+VAT* which includes the LANTRA Awards certification fee, course materials, lunch and refreshments.
* Members of Woodsure, the Wood Heat Association and the Confor Woodfuel Suppliers Group can take advantage of a 10% discount on course fees - just let us know at time of booking.
If you would like further information on any of our courses, please contact Erica at email@example.com or on 01765 609355.
For further information on events and courses being run by RDI, please go to http://www.ruraldevelopment.org.uk/events/
WoodNet join FACE Partnership
FACE is a group of forestry organisations and advisors who have come together to provide specialist support to forest and timber supply chain businesses which are considering investment in new facilities and equipment. It consists of the Community Forest Trust, Cumbria Woodlands, Kent Downs AONB, Martin Glynn FICFor, Northwoods, Rural Development Initiatives, Small Woods Association, Silvanus Trust, Sylva Foundation, Woodnet and Yorwoods. Together they advise on business planning, marketing, financial forecasting, grant applications and technical issues.